St John Ambulance WA is committed to protecting your personal information and to informing you of the type of personal information we have collected and how this personal information is used.
- Collection of Personal InformationAmbulance Officers in performing their duties will collect personal and health information about each patient so that adequate records of the treatment provided are maintained. It is not always possible to obtain consent from each patient to collect this information, as it depends on the medical condition of the patient at the time of collection. If it is not possible to obtain the information that the Ambulance Officers require from the patient, the information will need to be acquired by someone who is responsible for the patient. In this instance, the person providing the information will be informed of the patient’s ability to check or alter the information that has been retained by St John Ambulance. The information collected will be used for accountability purposes and will also be used to recover outstanding debts.We will not collect other personal information about you except where you knowingly provide it to us through our web site (e.g. booking courses or purchasing products online) or through some other means (e.g. in person, through the mail or over the telephone).
- Use and Disclosure of Personal InformationSt John Ambulance WA will not use or disclose any information about you without your consent unless legally required to do so. We will take all reasonable steps to –
– Keep personal information we hold about you accurate and up to date; and
– Ensure that our employees respect the confidentiality of any personal information held by us.
-For research, survey and statistical purposes, St John Ambulance will take reasonable steps to ensure your information has been permanently de-identified before use.
If you tell us you do not wish to have your personal information used for a particular purpose, we will respect your wishes. Furthermore, if you do not wish to receive further correspondence from St John Ambulance after your account has been has been closed you may let us know by contacting us on the details below.
- CookiesA cookie is a small text file placed on your computer hard drive by our web page server. Cookies store information about your use of our web site and maybe accessed later by our web server. Our only use for cookies is to provide a statistical analysis of how long customers have visited our web site.
- Links to Other Websites
The St John Ambulance WA web site contains links to other web sites that are not subject to our privacy and security standards. We are not responsible for the privacy practices of these other web sites and they are responsible for informing you of their own privacy policies.
- Security of Personal Information
St John Ambulance WA will take all reasonable steps to protect your personal information from misuse, loss, unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
- Access and Correction to your Personal InformationIf at any time you would like to change your personal information that is inaccurate, incomplete or out of date, advise us and we will take all reasonable steps to correct the information. You should also notify us immediately if you believe there has been any unauthorised use of personal information you have provided to us.You are able to access and change your personal information by attending our Head Office with your photo identification. The St John Ambulance Head Office is located at 290 Great Eastern Hwy, Belmont. If the personal information you require access to is in regards to an ambulance transport, and presentation at our office is not possible, please contact our Administration Co-ordinator on 9334 1493 to discuss other possible options for providing you with this information. For other personal information enquiries including account or First Aid Training information, please call 9334 1222.